Filipino food is awesome, but sometimes there is a craving for other dishes. If you crave for Mexican and Chinese at given time, the best way is to satisfy your desire by preparing a dish that represents both – like Taco fried rice. You are in luck because I have a quick and easy Taco fried rice recipe just for you.
This Taco fried rice recipe is an easy hack using the quickest methods possible. Unlike the Carne Asada taco (which I really like a lot), this recipe makes use of ground beef and instant taco seasoning (store bought). These ingredients are easy to find and quick to prepare. As for the rice, I recommend leftover white rice. You can always cook white rice for this purpose, but make sure to start this recipe when the rice cools down. Rice in room temperature (or from the fridge) is less sticky compares to warm rice.
You won’t have any hard time cooking Taco fried rice. This is easier to cook compared to yang chow fried rice. Sinangag (garlic fried rice) is still the easiest and quickest fried rice to make, as far as I am concerned.
After cooking this delicious taco fried rice, what I did was to top it with chopped parsley (cilantro will do too), diced carrots, and a couple tablespoons of sour cream. It was really good!
Try this Taco fried rice recipe. Happy cooking!
Taco Fried Rice Recipe
- 3 to 4 cups cooked white rice (preferably leftover rice)
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 lb. ground beef (80% lean)
- 1/2 pouch (1/2 oz.) taco seasoning mix
- 1/4 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup water
- Sprinkle the salt over the cooked white rice. Using a large spoon, gently toss the rice to distribute the salt equally and to avoid the rice from forming.Set aside.
- Meanhwile, heat the cooking oil in a pan.
- Once the oil becomes hot, put-in the ground beef and cook until it turns light to medium brown (3 to 5 minutes).
- Pour-in the water and then mix-in the taco seasoning. Stir and continue to cook for 5 minutes or until the liquid evaporates.
- Add-in the rice. Toss once in a while using a flat spatula. Make sure that you DO NOT press the rice with the spatula as the rice can stick with each other — we want out rice to be as loose as possible.Continue to cook for 5 to 8 minutes in medium heat.
- Transfer to a serving plate. Top with chopped parsley.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!
Number of servings (yield): 4
Reliable WordPress Hosting (Free Domain and Setup)
Want to create a blog? Click here to view my tutorial on how to start your own blog