Sausage Macaroni Pasta is a delicious dish that you can make over the weekend. Since it is almost summer and the weather is almost perfect here in the midwest, I had time to grill almost all day long. Grilled Italian sausage was on my list because I really wanted to have Sausage Macaroni Pasta for dinner. I like this dish and I planned ahead to make it, so here it is.
Preparing sausage macaroni pasta is easier than making spaghetti with meatball. Although I made my own marinara sauce, you can skip this step by buying it from the supermarket. It can save you time and a bit of effort. As for the sausage, I got it ready-made from my local grocery store. I thought that is is more practical to buy it than to make it from scratch.
I had a great time grilling the sausage while my entire family helped me with the macaroni and marinara sauce. It is really fun to cook with your loved ones and it makes your meal more memorable and enjoyable. I think that since they love pasta, we can do a quick tuna casserole next time.
Try this Sausage Macaroni Pasta Recipe. Let me know what you think.
- 5 pieces grilled Italian sausage, sliced diagonally
- 1 serving (3½ cups) marinara sauce (see recipe here)
- 1 lb elbow macaroni
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- Cook the macaroni according to package instructions. Separate the cooked macaroni from the liquid, but do not discard the liquid.
- Heat the butter in a pan.
- Once the butter melts and starts to heat-up, add the sausage. Cook in medium heat for 1 minute.
- Pour-in the marinara sauce and add the dried basil. Stir and cook for 3 minutes. Turn off the heat.
- Meanwhile, prepare individual servings by scooping around ¾ cups of sauce in a pan. Heat-up the pan. Once the sauce starts to boil, add around 1½ cups of macaroni. Stir. Pour-in around 2 to 3 tablespoons of liquid that you used to boil the pasta. Stir and continue to cook for 2 minutes.
- Transfer in a serving plate. Top with grated Parmesan cheese.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!