Skewered Filipino Pork BBQ or simply pork barbecue are skewered marinated pork sliced. These are grilled until the pork is cooked and it is also being basted during the process to add flavor and keep the meat moist.
Pork barbecue are better if marinated overnight. This gives the dish extra flavor that makes it more enjoyable to eat. This can be eaten as it is, or with white rice. In the Philippines, pork BBQ is usually sold along street corners with other street foods such grilled pork isaw grilled chicken intestine.
You can use a gas grill or charcoal grill to cook this yummy pork bbq dish; just make sure that you turn it over around 5 minutes or so when grilling and always baste the top side using the remaining marinade mixture before you turn it over so your pork bbq will be flavorful and moist. It will also avoid your Filipino pork bbq from getting burnt quickly or getting dry.
Try this Skewered Filipino Pork BBQ Recipe. Let me know what you think.
Watch the Video on How to Make Skewered Filipino Pork BBQ
- 4 lbs. pork shoulder, sliced into thin pieces
- ¾ cup soy sauce
- ¾ cup banana ketchup
- Juice from 2 lemons
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Combine soy sauce, banana ketchup, lemon juice, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and brown sugar in a bowl. Mix well. You can also microwave the mixture for 1 minute (optional). This will melt the sugar and make it easier for the other ingredients to dilute quickly.
- Arrange the sliced pork in a resealable bag or in a bowl. Pour-in the soy sauce mixture. Make sure that the mixture is in room temperature.
- Massage the pork slices and make sure that it is completely soaked in the soy sauce mixture. Seal the bag or cover the bowl. Place inside the refrigerator and marinate for at least 5 hours.
- Skewer the marinated pork slices in a bamboo skewer (this is also known as barbecue stick).
- Heat-up the grill. Grill each skewered pork for 5 minutes per side in medium heat. Brush some basting sauce on each side before turning it over. Do this cycle twice or until the pork is fully cooked.
- Transfer to a serving plate. Serve with vinegar dip.
- Share and enjoy.