Mini Turon is a small version of banana lumpia with caramel. I like it a lot because it is easier to eat and it goes well with vanilla ice cream. This is also meant for sharing, so you can always share the love.
I used simple syrup made from water and brown sugar for this recipe. The syrup is brushed all over the mini turon before frying (or you can also dip each piece in it) to make sure that each piece will be covered with a dark sugary glaze once cooked.
Each mini turon is composed of a quarter (1/4) slice of saba banana, a strip of ripe jack fruit, and some brown sugar. The combination makes it really yummy while still being friendly to the budget.
It best to serve this in a plate with scoops of vanilla ice cream on the side. You can also swirl some simple syrup over it.
Try this Mini Turon Recipe (Banana Lumpia with Caramel). Let me know what you think.
- 3 pieces Saba banana, quartered
- 12 pieces thin lumpia wrapper
- ½ cup ripe jackfruit sliced into strips
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup vanilla ice cream (optional)
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup water
- Prepare the simple syrup by boiling the water in a pot. Add the brown sugar. Stir until sugar is completely diluted. Continue to cook in low heat until the liquid reduces in half. Set aside.
- Prepare the mini turon by arranging a piece of sliced banana over a lumpia wrapper. Put a strip of jackfruit on the side and spread a teaspoon or two of brown sugar. Secure the wrap by folding both sides inwards and then roll until the contents are completely wrapped. Seal the end of the wrapper by rubbing a bit of water using your fingers, and then press it gently against the turon.
- Start to heat the oil in a pan.
- Meanwhile, brush some simple syrup all over each piece of turon. You can also dip the turon in syrup.
- Fry one side in low to medium heat for 3 minutes. Turn over to fry the other side for the same time or until the mini turon pieces are golden brown and crispy.
- Arrange in a plate. Serve with scoops of vanilla ice cream.
- Share and enjoy!
Watch the Video on How to Cook Mini Turon