Corned Beef with Cabbage and Potato is a simple and budget-friendly dish involving canned corned beef. This dish is pretty close to “sinabawang corned beef“, except that this recipe makes use of one additional ingredient: cabbage.
I got suggestions from our youtube friends and followers to add cabbage after the sinabawang corned beef video was published. Since I value your thoughts, here is the recipe. I think that it is a good recipe and encourage you to try it as well. There is nothing fancy about this dish. In fact, it is very simple and easy to prepare. I had this for lunch and enjoyed it.
There are few pointers that I want to share before moving on: (1) use Filipino brand corned beef in order to get a good consistency; (2) you can use water as an alternative for beef broth, but it won’t be that flavorful unless you add a piece of beef bouillon; (3) adding more onion can help make the dish more flavorful.
Try this Corned Beef with Cabbage and Potato Recipe. Let me know what you think.
- 1 (12 oz.) can corned beef
- 1 large potato, cubed
- ½ head small cabbage, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cloves crushed garlic
- 2 cups beef broth (or water)
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a pot.
- Saute garlic and onion.
- Add corned beef. Saute for 3 minutes.
- Pour beef broth. Let boil.
- Add potato and cabbage. Cover and continue to cook in medium heat for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add parsley along with salt and ground black pepper. Stir. Transfer to a serving bowl.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!