Corned Beef and Potato Casserole is a simple breakfast corned beef recipe that makes use of canned chunky corned beef and baking potatoes. It is quite similar to sautéed corned beef or corned beef guisado except that this particular dish is cooked a bit longer.
Corned Beef and Potato Casserole is best enjoyed for breakfast. In our Filipino household, we always have this with warm steamed rice. I also enjoy having Corned Beef and Potato Casserole with Sinangag – this is the Filipino version of garlic fried rice.
Have you had chunky corned beef lately? If you are craving for one, this corned beef casserole recipe will always be here to help you make a great tasting breakfast meal.
Try this Corned Beef and Potato Casserole Recipe. Enjoy!
Corned Beef and Potato Casserole
- Heat 1 tablespoon of cooking oil in a casserole.
- Add the garlic and onion. Saute until the onion becomes soft.
- Put-in the chunky corned beef. Stir and continue to cook for 3 minutes.
- Pour-in the beef broth; let boil. Cover and reduce the heat to a simmer. Continue to simmer for 20 minutes. Add more water or beef broth if needed.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of cooking oil in a pan.
- Once the oil becomes hot, pan-fry the cubed potatoes for 5 minutes.
- Add the pan-fried potato on the casserole where the corned beef is cooking. Make sure that the liquid in the cooking pot is almost dry. Stir. Add salt and pepper and cook for 3 minutes more.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Sprinkle the chopped parsley on top.
- Serve for breakfast with toast or steamed rice. Share and enjoy!