Corned Beef with Cabbage and Potato is a simple and budget-friendly dish involving canned corned beef. This dish is pretty close to “sinabawang corned beef“, except that this recipe makes use of one additional ingredient: cabbage.
I got suggestions from our youtube friends and followers to add cabbage after the sinabawang corned beef video was published. Since I value your thoughts, here is the recipe. I think that it is a good recipe and encourage you to try it as well. There is nothing fancy about this dish. In fact, it is very simple and easy to prepare. I had this for lunch and enjoyed it.
There are few pointers that I want to share before moving on: (1) use Filipino brand corned beef in order to get a good consistency; (2) you can use water as an alternative for beef broth, but it won’t be that flavorful unless you add a piece of beef bouillon; (3) adding more onion can help make the dish more flavorful.
Try this Corned Beef with Cabbage and Potato Recipe. Let me know what you think.
Corned Beef with Cabbage and Potato
- 1 12 oz. can corned beef
- 1 large potato cubed
- 1/2 head small cabbage chopped
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 4 cloves crushed garlic
- 2 cups beef broth or water
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a pot.
- Saute garlic and onion.
- Add corned beef. Saute for 3 minutes.
- Pour beef broth. Let boil.
- Add potato and cabbage. Cover and continue to cook in medium heat for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add parsley along with salt and ground black pepper. Stir. Transfer to a serving bowl.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!