Instant Pancit Canton maybe the staple food in the Philippines next to rice. Although this is not the healthiest food, most people consume this because of its ease in preparation and lower price compared to the real deal. I myself eat instant pancit canton on some occasions, but I try to limit my intake. I won’t lie to you that sometimes I even crave for it – maybe because I used to eat a lot of these back then. What I usually do is use olive oil and sesame oil to replace the oil that comes in the package and add vegetables to make it look healthy the least.
Panlasang Pinoy Fish Recipes
I am not suggesting that you consume instant pancit canton most of the time. I am simply recommending to make instant pancit canton a little bit better when you crave for it (hopefully not most of the time) by adding healthy oils and real vegetables – you can also add real meat if you prefer.
I know that some of you are also trying to do something to tweak instant pancit canton and make it better. Can you tell us what you do or probably share your recipe? You can use the comments section below.
- 2 individual packages of instant pancit canton (any brand and flavor)
- 1½ to 2 teaspoons olive oil
- ½ cup julienned carrots
- ½ cup julienned broccoli stem
- ¼ teaspoon sesame oil
- ¾ cup chopped purple or green cabbage
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 cups water
- Pour water in a deep cooking pot. Bring to a boil
- Once the water starts to boil, add salt.
- Put in the noodles, carrots, broccoli, and cabbage. Continue to boil for 2 to 3 minutes or until the instant noodles are soft, but not soggy.
- Drain the water by pouring the entire cooking pot in a strainer or colander with holes small enough to hold the noodles. Place the strainer with noodles under the faucet and let cold water run. This will stop the cooking process and will help the veggies retain its texture and color -- similar to blanching.
- Make sure that all the water is drained. Transfer the noodles with veggies in a bowl.
- Meanwhile, combine the olive oil, sesame oil, and the seasoning included in the packages (soy sauce mixture and seasoning powder). Mix well. Note: I do not use the oil in the package. The olive oil is used as its substitute.
- Serve with garlic bread. You may also top this with chopped green onions.
- Share and enjoy!