Tosilog is a popular Filipino breakfast meal. The name tosilog was derived from the different components of the meal which are: Tocino (cured pork), Sinangag (Filipino garlic fried rice), and Sunny-side up egg. Tosilog is best eaten with a spicy vinegar dip.
Preparing or cooking tosilog means making each of its components. You can make your own homemade tocino by following our tocino recipe. I added the link in the tosilog recipe below. Sinangag or Filipino Fried rice is quick and easy to make. There is also a link below, which will guide you on how to cook sinangag. I intentionally cooked the sinangag for the second time with the residue of the tocino so that it can be tastier. As for the sunny-side-up egg, I think that this is something that you handle.
I love to have tosilog for breakfast. However, there are times when I feel having this for lunch or dinner. Do you also like tocino? What dipping sauce do you like with it?
Try this Tosilog Recipe. Enjoy!
- Boil the water in a cooking pot.
- Once the water starts to boil, pour-in the cooking oil and add the uncooked tocino. Boil in medium heat until the water evaporates.
- Once the water completely evaporate, the oil will be left behind. Let one side of the tocino cook in oil for 3 minutes. Flip the tocino and cook the other side for the same time.
- Arrange the cooked tocino with the eggs in individual plates.
- Meanwhile, remove the excess oil in the cooking pot where the tocino was cooked. Heat the same pot and put-in the sinangag. Cook the fried rice for 1 minute while tossing. The residue from the tocino will stick to the fried rice making it more tasty.
- Arrange the fried rice with the tocino in individual plates.
- Serve with spiced vinegar.
- Share and enjoy!