Filipino Style Creamy Bacon and Mushroom Carbonara is very timely for the holidays. I made sure to make this dish look festive, taste delicious, and pleasing to the Filipino palate. I did it by adding more white sauce to the pasta to make it more saucy and creamier. There is also more than enough bacon bits to to make the dish stand out.
One thing that I liked about this Bacon and Mushroom Carbonara (aside from its delicious taste) is its ease of preparation. The cooking process is simple and it can be completed in less than 30 minutes. I think that this recipe can be done by anyone, even the ones who have not tried making pasta dishes before. Check the step-by-step recipe that I have below and don’t forget to watch the video, for guidance. If you have questions, drop a comment or message me.
Before you start, here are some pointers. Make sure that you follow the package instructions when cooking the spaghetti. You can also use other pasta varieties such as Fettuccine and Capellini.This recipe makes use of all-purpose cream for the sauce. You can use table cream or heavy whipping cream if all-purpose is not available. It is all up to you to decide on how much bacon you want to use. I purposely used more bacon because I knew that I can’t go wrong with it. Don’t forget to share it with your friends and family.
Try this Filipino Style Creamy Bacon and Mushroom Carbonara Recipe. Let me know what you think.
Panlasang Pinoy Fish Recipes
- 1 lb. Spaghetti
- 1 Knorr Beef Cube
- 6 ounces bacon, chopped
- 1 (4 oz.) can button mushroom, sliced
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 21 ounces all-purpose cream
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons parsley, minced
- 3 quarts water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Pour water in a deep cooking pot. Let boil.
- Add salt. Put the spaghetti into the pot. Cook the spaghetti according to the time indicated in the package instructions. Remove the spaghetti from the cooking pot. Drain the water. Set aside.
- Prepare the sauce by heating a clean cooking pot. Add bacon and cook in medium heat until the bacon fat gets extracted. Continue to cook until the texture of the bacon becomes crispy.
- Remove the bacon from the pot and place in a clean bowl. Set aside. Discard the bacon fat or keep for future use. Leave 2 to 3 tablespoons of bacon fat in the pot.
- Using the remaining bacon fat (oil), saute garlic until light brown. Add mushrooms. Cook for 30 seconds.
- Add Knorr Beef Cube. Crush the cube and cook for another 30 seconds while continuously stirring.
- Pour the all-purpose cream into the pot. Stir and cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add Parmesan cheese and half of the cooked bacon into the pot. Stir until smooth.
- Arrange some pasta in a large bowl. Pour Carbonara sauce over the pasta. Sprinkle some bacon and chopped parsley. Toss until all ingredients are well blended.
- Transfer to a serving plate. Top with more Parmesan cheese, bacon, and chopped parsley.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!