This is an Easy Ginataang langka with Pork Recipe using minimal ingredients. I recommend this to everyone, most especially to beginners and to those who are thinking of trying to cook for the first time.
I remember enjoying it in the Philippines when I was still a child. This is one of the dishes that my mom cooks on a regular basis. She also adds bago leaves to her ginataang langka. It makes the dish more enjoyable.
Cooking Ginataang Langka with Pork
This is a simple dish that is quick and easy to make. Start by preparing the coconut milk. Pour Knorr Ginataang Gulay Recipe Mix in a bowl. Add 2 cups water. Use water in room temperature. Stir until the powder completely dilutes. You can use a spoon to stir the mixture. Using a wire whisk works better. This is now the coconut milk mixture. Set this aside for a while.
Now you’ll need to saute the onion and garlic. Do this by heating oil in a cooking pot. I am using canola oil in this recipe. You can use other kinds of oils such as vegetable oil or peanut oil. Put the chopped onion into the pot once the oil gets hot. Cook it for 30 seconds before adding the garlic. There is no preference with the type and color of onion to use. Shallots can also be consumed for this recipe. Continue to saute until the onion softens. This can take between 2 to 3 minutes.
The next thing to do is to saute the pork. I like the pork cooked completely before adding the coconut milk. Using thinly sliced pork cut into small pieces is ideal because it cooks quickly and gets tender easily. I usually saute it for 5 minutes or until medium brown then the chopped unripe jackfruit is added. The jackfruit is also known as green jackfruit. I usually buy it fresh and already chopped in the Philippines. Canned green jackfruit is also available. This is the only option that I have at the moment. Chili peppers such as Thai chili or siling labuyo are added afterwards to add heat to our ginataang langka.
Now add the coconut milk mixture. Stir and let boil. Adjust the heat to medium right after the mixture starts boiling. Continue to cook while stirring until the sauce reduces. You can also cook longer until the sauce completely evaporates, if this is what you prefer.
You may also cook a similar dish using other ingredients. Ginataang langka with crab is a good example. Ask me questions by commenting below.
Try this Ginataang Lanka with Pork Recipe. Let me know what you think.
Ginataang Langka with Pork Recipe
This is a recipe for Green jackfruit and pork with coconut milk.
- 20 oz. unripe jackfruit chopped
- 6 ounces pork shoulder sliced into thin pieces
- 2 packs Knorr Ginataang Gulay Recipe Mix 33g per pack
- 1 piece onion chopped
- 3 pieces Thai chili pepper chopped
- 3 cloves garlic crushed
- 2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- Combine Knorr Ginataang Gulay Recipe Mix with 2 cups water. Mix well. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a cooking pot. Saute onion and garlic.
- Add pork slices once onion softens. Continue to saute for 3 to 5 minutes until the pork turns medium brown and gets completely cooked.
- Add unripe jackfruit. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Put the chopped chili in the pot. Stir and cook for 2 minutes.
- Pour the coconut milk mixture. Let boil. Continue to cook uncovered until the sauce reduces to a quarter.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Share and enjoy!