7Up Fried Chicken is an easy basic fried chicken recipe that makes use of lemon lime soda and other spices as marinade. It has a balanced flavor. The outside is crispy, while the meat inside is moist. I suggest following the steps in the recipe below in order to achieve the same result.
Marinating the chicken in soda such as what we have in our recipe has benefits. Since soda is sweet and acidic, it helps infuse sweetness into the chicken. The acidity, on the other hand, makes the meat tender. It is always best to marinate the meat longer for best results.
How to Cook 7Up Fried Chicken
There ate two procedures involved, marinating and cooking.
It is important to marinate chicken in spices and soda in order to infuse flavor and tenderize the meat. This makes this chicken version special compared to regular fried chicken recipes.
The cooking process is simple. Coat the marinated chicken with all-purpose flour and then deep-fry until crispy. I double coated the chicken in order to have a thick coating. I did this by dredging the chicken pieces in flour twice. It will be best to dip it in beaten egg before the second coat to ensure that the flour sticks well.
You will find this recipe interesting. I am sure that you will love the outcome. Enjoy this with your favorite side dishes. I had this with two pieces of dinner rolls and coleslaw. Dipping it in banana sauce (banana ketchup) makes it more enjoyable to eat, as far as I am concerned.
Try this 7Up Fried Chicken Recipe. Let me know your thoughts.
7Up Fried Chicken
- 1 1/2 lbs. chicken cut into serving pieces
- 2 pieces eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1 cup lemon lime soda (such as 7Up)
- Combine chicken with marinade ingredients in a bowl. Mix well. Marinate for at least 3 hours. Drain the remaining marinade afterwards.
- Heat oil in a deep fryer or deep pot.
- Beat egg in a bowl. Dredge chicken in flour and then dip in beaten egg. Double coat by dredging in flour again. Shake off excess flour. Perform this step to all chicken pieces.
- Deep fry for a total of 15 minutes. Note: you can go longer if needed. If using lesser oll, fry one side for 10 minutes. Flip and fry the opposite side for 5 to 8 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the fryer and place over a wire rack to cool down. Transfer to a serving plate. Serve and enjoy!