Adobong Sitaw with Tofu is another version of Adobong Sitaw, this time it is cooked with fried extra firm tofu. Adobong Sitaw is a Filipino vegetable dish. The basic ingredient is string bean, which is locally known as “sitaw”, cooked indobo style. This method of cooking involves soy sauce and vinegar.
Aside from tofu, you can use other ingredients to enhance this recipe. For example, adding sliced pork, chicken, and beef will give you a good result. You can always opt to have the basic Adobong Sitaw if that is what you prefer.
Before I forget, it is highly recommended that you use extra firm tofu for this recipe. This makes a lot of difference and it can make or break your dish.
Try this Adobong Sitaw Recipe. Let me know what you think.
Adobong Sitaw with Tofu
- Slice the fried tofu into squares. Set aside.
- Heat the cooking oil in a pan.
- Saute garlic and onion until the onion is soft.
- Put-in the sliced tofu. Add soy sauce and water. Let boil.
- Pour-in the vinegar. Let it reboil.
- Add the string beans. Stir and cover. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Serve.
- Share and enjoy!