Tofu Sarciado is a low-fat Filipino dish involving tofu. Extra-firm tofu are fried until brown and then cooked in a sauce made from sauteed vegetables and egg. This dish is simple yet delicious.
I got this idea from the previous sarciado recipes that I presented; fish sarciado and fish Kardilyo are a few examples. I thought the same method will also work well with tofu, and it did. I really liked the outcome of this recipe and I enjoyed every spoonful of it.
Take note that you will need to use extra-firm tofu for this recipe. Make sure that it says so in the package because less firm tofus will not give you the texture thats needed when fried. What we want here is a tofu with a crisp outer texture because this makes the dish more enjoyable to eat.
Try this Tofu Sarciado Recipe. Let me know what you think.
- 3 pieces extra-firm tofu sliced in half and fried until brown
- 1 egg beaten
- 2 medium tomatoes chopped
- 1 small yellow onion sliced
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- Heat the oil in a frying pan.
- Sauté the garlic, tomato, and onion until then onion become soft.
- Add water and fish sauce. Stir and let boil.
- Add the beaten egg. Quickly stir and then cook for 2 minutes while gradually stirring.
- Add the fried tofu. Sprinkle with ground black pepper. Stir and cook for a minute more.
- Transfer to a serving plate. Top with dried parsley.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!