Angel Food Cake is a popular sponge cake in the US. This light and airy cake is regarded as food for the angels, because of its properties.This type of cake resembles the texture of a famous mini sponge cake in the Philippines called “Mamon“.
The method in making an angel food cake is quite different from the other traditional cakes. The eggs (whites only) are whipped using an electric mixer until soft peaks form. This technique allows more air to enter the mixture — making the cake sponge-like.
I personally like Angel food Cake for its light texture. I enjoy eating this cake over a cup of brewed coffee. The recipe that we have here involves a simple Angel Food Cake topped with whipped cream and fresh strawberries. The topping makes the Angel Food Cake more indulging; it also adds flavor to the cake — making it more appealing to the taste buds.
Do you like Angel Food Cake? What do you eat this with?
Try this Angel Food Cake with Strawberries and let me know what you think.
Angel Food Cake with Strawberries
- 1/2 cup cake flour
- 3/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 8 pieces strawberries halved
- Whites of 6 pieces eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whipped Cream
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine 1/4 cup sugar, flour, and salt. Sift. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the egg whites until foams form (use low speed).
- Put-in salt, vanilla extract, and cream of tartar. Continue beating in a faster speed until soft peaks form.
- Gradually add the remaining 1/2 cup of sugar while mixing. Continue mixing (in high speed this time) for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Pour-in the mixture in a mixing bowl, and then Fold in the flour mixture one part at a time.
- Pour the mixture in a round cake pan. Place inside the oven and bake for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Remove the cake from the oven and let cool in a wire rack.
- Transfer to a serving tray. Top with whipped cream and arrange the sliced strawberries on top.
- Serve for dessert.
- Share and enjoy!