This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Arroz Caldo with tokwa (Chicken Congee with Fried Tofu) is a shared Recipe from Sheryl. she writes:
This is my simple Arroz Caldo with tokwa recipe. I prepare this for my family during winter because it helps us feel warm.I like mine spicy, so I put a lot of chili flakes. You can squeeze lemon or calamansi on top to make it taste better.
- 1 1/2 cups white rice
- 5 cups water
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 whole chicken chopped
- 2 thumbs sliced ginger
- 3 cloved crushed garlic
- 1 small chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons patis
- 6 pieces deep fried tofu extra firm, cubed
- 1/2 cup green chopped onions
- 2 tablespoon cooking oil
- Wash the white rice.
- Heat the cooking oil.
- Cook the ginger, garlic, and onion for 3 minutes.
- Add the chopped chicken. Cook it until it turns medium brown.
- Add the patis, rice, water, and chicken broth. Wait for it to boil.
- Stir once in a while so that the rice will not stick on the botom of the pan. Cook this for 45 minutes until the consistency of the liquid becomes thick.
- Top with cubed tofu and green onions.
- Season with pepper and additinal fish sauce and chili flakes.