This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Baby Corn, Ham, and Jicama Stir Fry is a quick and easy vegetable stir fry recipe. This involves different veggies such as jicama, corn, green beans, and green peas. The flavor and texture of this dish is really awesome.
Cooking stir-fry is simply frying and stirring or tossing the ingedients at the same time (at least most of the time). This is a cooking method that requires high heat because the ingredients need to cook as fast as possible. Stir fry dishes are usually served with fried rice. How about trying Yang Chow fried rice with this dish?
For those who are not familiar with baby corn or young corn, this ingredient is still corn on the cob that were harvested quickly before the appropriate harvest time. It can be bought packaged in cans or in a container with water (usually in Asian stores). The Ham helps enhance the flavor of this dish while the jicama gives-in a nice crunchy texture to it.
Try this Baby Corn, Ham, and Jicama Stir Fry Recipe. Let me know what you think.
- 2 1/2 cups young corn
- 2 cups mixed vegetables carrots, corn, green beans, green peas
- 1 medium yellow onion chopped
- 1 lb. ham chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup cooking wine
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups Jicama chopped
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a wok.
- Sauté the garlic and onion
- Add the ham. Stir fry for 3 minutes.
- Put-in the Jicama, young corn, and mixed vegetables. Stir-fry for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Pour-in the cooking wine. Continue to cook for a minute.
- Add the chicken broth. Let boil and cook for another minute.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer to a serving plate.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!