Beef and Baby Corn Stir Fry is a quick and tasty beef and vegetable dish that I always enjoy since I was a kid. This recipe is the simplest that I can come-up so that you can also experience and enjoy this dish. If you have 30 minutes to make a good lunch then this you must consider this recipe.
The best way to enjoy Beef and Baby Corn Stir Fry is to eat it with either fried or steamed white rice. It is recommended that you consume this dish while it is still warm. If you are not a fan of rice, you can have this with noodles such as lo mein. There are similarities between this and our stir fried beef recipe.
How to Cook Beef and Baby Corn Stir Fry
Here is how to make your own beef and baby corn stir fry. Start by preparing the beef. Make sure the the beef is the tenderest part that you can get such as sirloin or tenderloin. These parts require less cooking time. Combine the beef slices with ground black pepper, soy sauce, and oyster sauce. Mix well. This step will let the beef absorb the flavor of the other ingredients.
Add cornstarch to the mixture and use your hands to blend everything together. The cornstarch give the dish its thick texture later on. Meanwhile, stir fry the veggies. Star with the baby corn, then the snap peas, and bell pepper. Add salt, pepper, and cooking wine. Continue to stir fry for a few minutes. Do not completely cook the vegetables because we will still continue to cook these later on. Remove the veggies from the wok and arrange in a plate. Set aside.
Now we’ll cook the beef. Use the remaining cooking oil in the wok. Add a tablespoon of cooking oil if there isn’t enough left. Stir fry the marinated beef. You will realize that the beef gets sticky while you are cooking it — this is just normal because of the cornstarch. Continue to stir fry until the beef is brown and then add the vegetables back. The natural liquid from the vegetables will help to develop sauce and it will get thicker as it is combined with the cornstarch. You will notice that the cornstarch stucked in the pan will slowly disappear. You can also a quarter cup of beef broth or water if you want more sauce.
Try this Beef and Baby Corn Stir Fry Recipe. Let me know what you think.
Beef and Baby Corn Stir Fry Recipe
- 3/4 lbs beef sirloin sliced into thin strips
- 15 pieces baby corn
- 1 1/2 cups snap peas
- 1 small red bell pepper sliced into strips
- 1/4 cup light soy sauce
- 3 to 4 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 table spoon Shoaxing cooking wine
- 3 tablespoon cooking oil
- Arrange beef in a bowl. Add 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper, soy sauce, and oyster sauce. Mix well.
- Add the cornstarch. Make sure all the ingredients are well blended. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat a wok or a pan. Pour-in the cooking oil. Once the oil gets hot, stir-fry the baby corn, snap peas, and red bell pepper for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add salt and remaining pepper. Pour the cooking wine in the wok and stir-fry for 3 minutes.
- Transfer the vegetables to a plate. Set aside.
- Using the remaining cooking oil (add a tablespoon of cooking oil if needed), stir fry the marinated beef for 3 to 4 minutes. Add the stir-fried vegetables and continue to stir-fry for another 2 to 4 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving plate. Serve.
- Share and enjoy!