Baked Chicken Nuggets makes a good snack for your kids. Aside from the fact that children love this food, it is also less greasy because there is no frying involved. In addition, you are also assured that there are no other filler ingredients – what you get is only the goodness of 100% chicken breast.
Good baked chicken nuggets should be tender. Most of the commercial chicken nuggets are tender because they were made from processed meat. This means that each piece is composed of different ground chicken parts. Don’t worry; we can still make tender chicken nuggets without sacrificing quality. One of method that I do is to marinate the chicken breast in buttermilk.
Each piece of baked chicken nuggets is best if the outer part is crisp. I made that possible by coating the chicken pieces in ordinary bread crumbs. You can also use Italian of Panko bread crumbs. You can use your favorite condiment to dip your nuggets in.
Try this Baked Chicken Nuggets recipe. Let me know what you think.
Baked Chicken Nuggets
- 2 6 to 8 oz. chicken breasts, skinless and boneless
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Cut the chicken breast into 2x2 inch pieces.
- Place the chicken in a bowl and then pour-in the buttermilk. Cover and place in the fridge to marinate for at least 3 hours (The longer it marinates the better the texture gets).
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on the chicken.
- Roll the chicken over the breadcrumbs. Make sure that the chicken is properly coated.
- Place a wire rack over a baking tray. Make sure that the wire rack can withstand high oven temperature. Arrange the chicken pieces over the wire rack.
- Bake for 14 to 16 minutes.
- Adjust the oven settings to broil. Let it stay for 3 to 5 minutes or until the color is light to golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and transfer to a serving plate.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!