I love to eat milkfish because it is tasty. The only thing that I dislike about it is the fact that it contains too many fish bones. I needed to carefully remove each bone when eating milkfish. This takes an extra step (and time too) — although I must admit that it also builds excitement because I am anticipating something good and tasty anytime soon. Good thing that there are deboned milkfish available in the Asian supermarket these days. It makes eating milkfish convenient.
This Baked Garlic Milkfish recipe is really simple. The fish just needs to marinate for at least 3 hours in order to absorb the flavor of the marinade. I do this longer (usually overnight) for better results. I wrap the fish in a plastic wrapper and keep it inside the refrigerator.
Baking the fish is the easiest part. Simply preheat the oven and arrange the fish in a baking tray. Do not forget to line the tray with a sheet of aluminum foil so that you can clean-up easily later. Wait until the fish gets light to golden brown, then you know that it is done.
It is best eaten with a cup of white rice along with a vinegar dip. I usually crush 3 garlic cloves and mix it with vinegar along with whole peppercorns.
Try this Baked Garlic Milkfish Recipe. Send us your feedback.
Baked Garlic Milkfish
- 1 large milkfish deboned
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 1 head garlic crushed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Combine the chopped parsley and crushed garlic in a mortar. Pound the mixture using a pestle.
- Add salt, ground black pepper, and olive oil. Grind the ingredients using the pestle.
- Arrange the milkfish in a plate in a position wherein the open cavity faces upwards. Rub the garlic and parsley mixture over the milkfish. Let it stay for 3 hours.
- Cut the head and tail off the milkfish. Slice into serving pieces. Arrange in a baking tray lined with aluminum foil.
- Preheat the oven to 370F. Once the oven gets hot, bake the milkfish for 45 minutes or until the top turns light brown.
- Remove from the oven and transfer to a serving plate. Serve.
- Share and enjoy!