This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Turkey can be enjoyed at any time of the year, not only during thanksgiving. However, cooking a whole turkey may not be a good idea if you are making this for only a few people. Why not use turkey breasts instead and follow this Baked Turkey Breast Recipe?
The nice thing about this Baked Turkey Breast Recipe other than its delicious taste and enticing aroma is the fact that it is enough for 4 to 5 people. There is a small chance of having too much leftover, but if you do then you can always make a turkey sandwich out of them. The point is nothing gets wasted overtime. Cooking time is way faster too.
Mixing thyme and rosemary together makes a lot of sense. It gives this dish a nice aroma and makes the flavor more awesome. Combining them with butter and other seasonings is another story. A turkey dish can be tasty after all even if there is no gravy and cranberry sauce. This Baked Turkey Breast Recipe is really handy if you are planning for a weekend turkey dinner with the whole family or just missing turkey at the middle of the year.
See our other delicious turkey recipes.
Try this Baked Turkey Breast Recipe. Let me know what you think.
- 3 lb. turkey breast
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary leaves chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 piece lime
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- In a medium bowl, combine butter, garlic, rosemary, thyme, lime juice, and salt. Mix well.
- Loosen the skin in such a way that you can insert your fingers in between the skin and meat. Insert about half of the mixture in the space that you created. Make sure that you covered the whole turkey breast.
- Place the turkey breast in a roasting pan. Roast for 45 minutes.
- Combine white wine with the remaining butter mixture. Baste the turkey breast and then put back in the oven again to roast for another hour.
- Remove from the oven and let rest for 10 minutes. Note: you can use the drippings to make the gravy.
- Transfer to a serving plate. Do a couple or more thin slices.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!