I love beef kaldereta. It is one of my all-time favorite Filipino dish. Beef Kaldereta sa Gata with Peanut Butter is one version that I am keeping in my book.
I’m sure that you know that there are different version across the Philippines. This recipe that I am sharing today is the same dish that I enjoy with the addition of coconut milk and peanut butter. It might sound unconventional if you are used to have kaldereta from Manila because there is no liver spread involved. However, I am telling you that it is as delicious and creamier.
I remember the goat version that I made a few months ago. You might have stumbled upon our kalderatang kambing with peanut butter, It is a version from the Northern part of the Philippines. I personally think that it was superb.
Think about combining that yummy version with pork kaldereta and substituting the protein with beef. This is what this dish is all about. I think that this is pure deliciousness. I think that a cup of rice won’t be enough to enjoy it.
The key to a successful beef kaldereta has something to do with the texture of the meat and the flavor of the sauce. The beef should be very tender, and the sauce must be flavorful. It is a plus if the sauce is richer and yummier, just like what we have in this recipe.
I think that this is a perfect dish to make on special occasions. It can be cooked as a pulutan or as a main dish, as what it is intended for. I should suggest to prepare more rice than the usual. There is a big possibility for you to consume more when having this dish.
Try this delicious and tasty Beef Kaldereta sa Gata with Peanut Butter Recipe. Let me know what you think.
Beef Kaldereta sa Gata with Peanut Butter
- 2 lbs. beef chuck cubed
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 piece tomato chopped
- 2 cups beef broth
- 2 cups coconut mlk
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 piece onion chopped
- 5 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 pieces potato cubed
- 1 piece red bell pepper sliced
- 1 piece green bell pepper sliced
- 3 pieces Thai chili pepper optional
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a cooking pot.
- Saute onion, garlic, and tomato. Continue to saute until onion and tomato softens.
- Add beef. Cook until it turns light brown.
- Pour tomato sauce and beef broth. Let boil. Cover and cook in low heat until the sauce reduces to half.
- Pour coconut milk into the pot. Add Thai chili peppers. Cover and continue to boil until the beef gets tender.
- Add peanut butter. Stir.
- Add the potato.Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Put the bell peppers into the pot. Cover and cook for 12 minutes.
- Season with salt and ground black pepper.
- Transfer to a serving plate and serve with warm white rice. Share and enjoy!
Watch How to Cook Kaldereta sa Gata with Peanut Butter