Bok Choy with Garlic and Oyster Sauce is a quick and easy bok choy recipe that you can make for lunch or dinner. This involves minimal ingredients and the result is tasty bok choy dish that is perfect with warm white or brown rice.
This recipe describes one way on cooking bok choy. This is one of my favorites along with bok choy guisado. There are more exciting bok choy recipes that I have to try and share with you all.
When preparing the ingredients for Bok Choy with Garlic and Oyster Sauce, make sure that you get the freshest baby bok choy that you can have. You can cut the base of the stalk to separate the leaves so that it can be easier to handle when cooking.
Try this Bok Choy with Garlic and Oyster Sauce Recipe. Enjoy!
Bok Choy with Garlic and Oyster Sauce
- 3 bunches of baby bok choy bottom end removed
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon granulated white sugar
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 10 teaspoons water
- A sprinkle of ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- Salt to taste optional
- Combine the oyster sauce, sugar, sesame oil, and water in a bowl. Stir. Set aside.
- Combine oil and garlic at the same time in a pan. Turn the heat to on. Cook the garlic in medium heat until it starts to turn light brown.
- Pour the oyster sauce mixture in the pan and sprinkle some ground black pepper. Stir. Let boil.
- Add the bok choy. Stir and cover. Cook until the sauce reduces to half. You may add some salt if needed.
- Transfer to a serving plate. Serve with rice.
- Share and enjoy!