Here is another healthy vegetarian recipe dedicated to our vegan readers, Bok Choy in Garlic sauce. Before anything else, I would like to apologize for not being able to respond to your comments and emails in a timely manner. It just so happened that I am having a busy schedule making the most out of summer before it’s completely over. Even though I am not able to reply on your mails and comments, I see to it that I read every single one of them.
By the way, I would like to thank Jing, Ruby, and Regina for answering Donna Marie’s question with regards to the Buttermilk Chicken post. Great job ladies!
Moving on, this vegetarian recipe is just a start of the series of recipes that I intend to publish for our vegetarian or vegan friends. I am not much of a vegetarian but I understand how healthy and good vegetables are especially when they are cooked accurately.
This Bok Choy in Garlic Sauce Recipe is so simple and it won’t take a lot of your time. I enjoy eating this with steamed rice. Sometimes, I eat this as a side dish for Roasted Chicken. Yum yum!
Try this healthy Bok Choy in Garlic Sauce Recipe and let me know what you think.
Bok Choy in Garlic Sauce
- 1 pound Bok Choy
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger root
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Combine soy sauce, water, garlic, ginger, oyster sauce, sugar and mix well. Set aside.
- Heat a wok or frying pan then put-in the cooking oil.
- When the cooking oil is hot enough, pour-in the sesame oil.
- Stir fry the Bok Choy. Put the stalks first and stir fry for about 2 minutes then add the leaves and stir fry for 2 to 4 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and transfer the cooked Bok Choy in a serving plate.
- Heat the same wok or frying pan then pour-in the sauce mixture. Cook for about 2 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
- Turn off heat then top the sauce over the Bok Choy.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!