Breakfast Sausage Hash
Breakfast Sausage Hash is a cheesy way to make sausage and hashbrown casserole. This recipe makes use of 2 kinds of cheeses: salsa con queso and shredded cheese. Having a little kick is best for this dish, but the amount of hot sauce that you will use should depend on your heat tolerance. To be…
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Breakfast Sausage Hash is a cheesy way to make sausage and hashbrown casserole. This recipe makes use of 2 kinds of cheeses: salsa con queso and shredded cheese. Having a little kick is best for this dish, but the amount of hot sauce that you will use should depend on your heat tolerance. To be in the middle, I used 1 tablespoon of hot sauce for this recipe.
The recipe below calls for sharp cheddar cheese. Having this type of cheese (along with salsa con queso) is more than enough. However, I added some Mexican cheese to add variety. You can do it as I did by combining your preferred shredded cheeses, but cheddar (sharp or mild) is the safest bet.
I enjoyed this Breakfast Sausage Hash with some tomato ketchup. I also ate this with Croissant — the combination was superb. I think that I will do this combination again in the future.
Try this yummy Breakfast Sausage Hash. Let me know what you think.
Did you make this? If you snap a photo, please be sure tag us on Instagram at @panlasangpinoy or hashtag #panlasangpinoy so we can see your creations!
Breakfast Sausage Hash
- 1 package 1 lb. frozen shredded potatoes, thawed
- 6 pieces sausage links
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 10 oz. salsa con queso use your favorite brand
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce Cayenne pepper sauce
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Heat a pan, pour-in the beef broth, bring to a boil. Add the sausage links and butter. Parboil the sausage links until the beef broth evaporates.
- Once the broth completely evaporates, continue to fry the sausage links using the remaining butter in low to medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Remove the sausage links from the pan, let it cool down. Slice into thin pieces.
- Combine the remaining butter and add the canola oil, apply heat. Once the mixture heats-up, put the sliced sausages in. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add the shredded potatoes. Stir and cook for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Transfer the cooked potato and sausage in a mixing bowl. Add the salsa con queso, shredded cheese, hot sauce, salt, and onion powder. Fold until the ingredients are well blended.
- Preheat oven to 400F. Arrange the mixture in a baking plate. Top with chopped green onions Bake for 35 minutes.
- Remove from the oven. Serve for breakfast.
- Share and enjoy!
Leave a Comment