This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Your day should start with a good and filling breakfast in order to gain strength to face all the challenges ahead. Loaded Breakfast Potato is a perfect dish that you can make to help you get ready for your day. It is packed with energy and tastes really good.
You can use any variety of baking potato for this recipe. The recipe below should be able to guide you in all the steps necessary to complete this dish.There is step below that tells you to scrape the potato. This step will need you to scoop the contents of the potato to make it hollow. This space will be later used to hold the egg and veggies. Simply use a small spoon to scrape the potato out.
Try this Loaded Breakfast Potato Recipe. Enjoy!
- 4 baking potatoes
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium sweet onion chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper cubed
- 1 cup chopped white mushrooms
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 eggs beaten
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 6 bacon strips crumbled
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Wash the potato in running water and make sure to scrub the surface thoroughly. Punch some holes around the potato using a fork. Place it in a plate and then microwave for 15 minutes.
- Let the potato cool down. Slice a portion of the top part then scape the potato from the sliced portion. Make the potato as hollow as possible. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a pan.
- Saute the onion, mushrooms, and bell pepper until the onion and mushroom becomes soft. Add a pinch of salt and ground black pepper.
- Push the sautéed vegetables on the side and then pour-in the beaten egg. Continue to cook the while gently stirring similar to the way you cook scrambled eggs. When the eggs gets half cooked, blend with the vegetables. Make sure that the eggs and veggies are well blended.
- Add the shredded cheese and stir-in 1/4 cup of sour cream. Turn the heat off and then continue to stir the sour cream and cheese o mix with the rest of the ingredients.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Fill the cavity of the potato with the cooked egg mixture and add more mixture on top. Bake for 11 to 14 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool. Top with crumbled bacon,remaining sour cream, and green onion.
- Transfer to a serving plate.Serve.
- Share and enjoy!