Butter Garlic Shrimp and Squid makes a good appetizer. It can also be a good topping for pasta. Since we are on vacation, I tried making these dish using easy-to-find frozen ingredients. These are the ingredients that you should be able to get from a Walmart or a Target.
Have you tried our garlic butter shrimp recipe using shrimps with shell and head on? If you have, you will notice how tasty and good it is. This is almost the same as that recipe, except that the shrimp are not shiny looking and there are also calamari rings in here. You can also try and add sea scallops so that you can have a seafood feast at home, or wherever you are currently.
These ingredients are what’s left of the Cioppino that I made earlier this week. I bought lots of seafood and there were some left in the freezer. Aside from these, I also have extra Manila clams and myself which I made into a nice Manila Clams and Mussel Tinola Soup.
I had this as an appetizer with a glass of Chardonnay. Oh man, it was so good to the point that I was able to finish half of it. I was about to leave the plate clean, but I remembered that this was for everyone . It was hard to stop, but I had to do it.
Try this Butter Garlic Shrimp and Squid Recipe. Let me know what you think.
Butter Garlic Shrimp and Squid
- 1 lb. frozen Shrimp shell removed
- 1 lb. frozen calamari rings unbreaded
- 1/2 cup salted butter
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon dried chili flakes
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat leaf parsley
- Salt to taste
- Heat butter in a pan.
- Once the butter melts and starts to get hot, add the garlic. Continue to cook between low to medium heat until the garlic starts to turn light brown.
- Add the shrimp and calamari. Stir fry for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle some parsley and chili flakes. Add salt if needed.
- Transfer to a serving plate.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!