I love having Buttermilk Waffles for breakfast especially when there is a bit of syrup and scoops of whipped butter on top. Delish! This recipe is what I commonly make at home for my kids. It makes use 1 pint buttermilk. This ingredient helps make my waffles soft and yummy in the inside.
We all have our own way in eating our waffles. What’s yours? I sometimes add sliced fruits on top; strawberries and bananas are my favorite. Sometimes a little dash of cinnamon powder works good too. I enjoy it best with a cup of black coffee.
This recipe is quick and easy. However, you will need a waffle maker in order to make the waffles. You can use either electric or stovetop waffle iron. If don’t have a waffle maker currently but want to enjoy a similar thing for breakfast, try making pancakes instead. You only need a regular pan. I recommend this buttermilk pancake recipe.
Aside from the yummy butter and syrup that I placed over my waffle, I had this with strips of bacon and sunny-side-up egg. You can cook the egg any way you want. Here are some ways to cook an egg that I recommend. How about waffles for lunch? My wife posted her yummy Fried Chicken and Waffle Recipe on her blog. Kindly check it out too.
Try this Buttermilk Waffles Recipe. Let me know what you think.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 pint buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon granulated white sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat waffle maker.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl starting with flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix well using a wire whisk.
- Add eggs, butter, and vanilla extract. Whisk until texture becomes smooth.
- Pour batter into the waffle maker. Close and secure and cook for 2 minutes or a little bit more if you want it crisp on the outside.
- Transfer to a serving plate. Top with whipped butter and syrup.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!