Buttermilk Cornbread is a type of cornbread that uses buttermilk as one of its ingredients. Cornbread, on the other hand, is generally defined as a type of quick bread that makes use of cornmeal. This recipe is quick and easy and its outcome is something that you will like.
Preparing buttermilk cornbread is simple mixing all the ingredients together. You can use an electric mixer to make your work easier, but this is something that can be done manually by the use of a wire whisk. I used this simple tool (as you can see in the cooking video) and it worked fine with me.
One optional ingredient that I added were corn kernels. I used the canned ones for this recipe and I think that this enhanced the bread in terms of flavor and texture, as well.
Have you tried baking your own buttermilk cornbread lately? This goes well with BBQ chicken and ribs. Sometimes, I have this for breakfast along with a cup of coffee.
Try this Buttermilk Cornbread recipe. Let me know what you think.
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 1/8 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup AP flour
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 9 tablespoons granulated white sugar
- 1 cup whole kernel corn optional
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Combine buttermilk and baking soda. Stir and set aside.
- Beat the eggs and then add the butter and buttermilk mixture while stirring.
- Gradually add-in sugar, salt, cornmeal, flour, and whole kernel corn. Continue mixing until all the ingredients are well incorporated.
- Bake for about 30 to 35 minutes.
- Let the temperature cool. Slice and serve.
- Share and enjoy!
Watch the cooking video: