This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Cheese Puffs are small pastry balls that come as great appetizer or finger food. This recipe is one of the simplest Cheese Puff recipes around. It does not require many ingredients and the process is easy to follow.
I’ve been playing with this recipe for quite a while now. Following this exact recipe will give you great tasting results.
Creamy Cheese Puffs tastes good too. You can make your cheese puffs creamy by using fresh milk instead of water. Make sure that the milk does not reach boiling point so that it won’t curdle. Also, make sure that you use less salt (or none at all) to reduce the saltiness. You can take away the salt if your cheese is salty enough.
I love having this with some whip cream on top. Since the recipe does not ask for sugar, whip cream adds a little bit of sweetness; it also makes this treat creamier.
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
4 pieces raw eggs
A pinch of salt
3/4 cup water
4 tablespoons butter
3/4 cup grated cheddar cheese
Watch the cooking video:
1. Heat a cooking pot then pour-in water.
2. Add butter and salt then let boil. Stir to mix everything.
3. Gradually add the flour while stirring.
4. Gradually add 3 eggs while stirring.
5. Put-in the cheese and mix thoroughly.
6. Turn-off heat and transfer the dough to a container. Set aside until temperature cools down to room temperature.
7. Create an egg wash by combining egg yolk with 1 tablespoon butter. Mix well. Set aside.
8. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
9. Scoop the mixture (dough) and arrange in a baking pan lined with wax or parchment paper.
10. Apply egg wash on top of each scooped mixture.
11. Place the baking tray in the oven and bake for 20 to 30 minutes. Note: Check if done by cutting a piece in half. The inner part should be totally dry. Add more time if there is still moisture.
12. Turn-off heat and remove from the oven. Transfer to a serving plate or bread basket.
14. Share and enjoy!