This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Breakfast is an important meal of the day, as far as I am concerned. I make sure not to skip breakfast because it prepares me to face the entire day.
I made Chicken Adobo Fried Rice and Tortang Corned Beef for breakfast today. It was simple and delicious.
I think that it is worth to mention that it is economical. It saved me money because leftovers were used in the recipe. I am referring to leftover chicken adobo and saute corned beef that we had from the previous day.
Making a new dish out of leftover food is good for your budget. It also helps you expand your imagination by thinking possible dishes to prepare out of the unconsumed food.
I used this recipe to make my chicken adobo. It is easy to follow and the steps are simple. Beginners will enjoy trying this recipe.
As for the corned beef, I know that it is easy and simple to cook. This recipe for corned beef guisado might come-in handy.
Do you enjoy eating fried rice too? I wrote an article on how to make the best fried rice back when I was just starting this blog. The tips are still applicable up to this day. I suggest that you check out my tips on how to make the best fried rice.
If you are wondering about the orangey topping on the omelet, it is simply Sriracha Mayonnaise. You are not required to use it. I think that using banana ketchup is more than enough. You can also mix 1 part ketchup and 1 part mayonnaise to make it richer. The choice is yours.
Try making this Chicken Adobo Fried Rice and Tortang Corned Beef meal for breakfast. Enjoy it with brewed coffee or hot chocolate.
Chicken Adobo Fried Rice
- 1 cup chicken adobo shredded and chopped
- 4 cups leftover rice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cloves garlic crushed
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
Tortang Corned Beef
- 1 1/2 cups corned beef sauteed
- 1 piece egg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons cooking oil
- Prepare the omelette by combining corned beef, egg, and ground black pepper in a bowl. Mix well.
- Heat 4 tablespoons of cooking oil in a pan. Scoop a quarter portion of the corned beef mixture and fry. Gently flatten the mixture in the pan and continue to fry in medium heat for 1 to 2 minutes. Flip the corned beef omelette and fry the opposite side until done. Remove from the pan and place in a clean plate. Perform the same steps until the mixture is completely consumed.
- Prepare the rice by combining rice and salt. Gently mix while trying to separate the rice with each other.
- Heat 3 tablespoons oil in a pan. Add crushed garlic. Continue to cook in medium heat until garlic turns light brown in color.
- Add chopped chicken adobo. Stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Add rice. Toss and stir-fry for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Transfer the chicken adobo fried rice in a plate and then top with tortang corned beef. Serve with your favorite condiment.
- Share and enjoy!