Chicken Curry is one of my favorite chicken dishes. I have always liked how yummy it tasted and enjoy its rich and thick sauce.
This chicken curry recipe is more straightforward compared to Pinoy Chicken Curry. It makes use of lesser ingredients that are easy to find and equally good, if not better.
I always liked the idea of adding green peas and potato to curry dishes. This is not an exception. I think that these vegetables add value to the dish. What makes this chicken curry recipe more special is the use of Knorr Ginataang Gulay Mix, which made a positive difference in the overall quality of the dish.
I tried to use Knorr ginataan mix instead of coconut milk because I knew that it can improve the taste of ginataan dishes, like Ginataang Gulay with Pork and Shrimp. It seemed to be a good choice because my chicken curry turned out rich and very tasty. In fact, I had more than one serving of this dish. It was superb!
Try this Chicken Curry Recipe. Let me know what you think.
- 2 lbs. chicken cut into serving pieces
- 2 33 g packs Knorr Ginataang Gulay Mix
- 1 cup green peas
- 1 medium potato peeled and diced
- 2 cloved garlic minced
- 1 thumb ginger minced
- 1 medium yellow onion cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- Rub curry powder all over the chicken pieces. Let it stay for 15 minutes.
- Heat oil in a cooking pot.
- Once the oil gets hot, saute onion, ginger, and garlic.
- Add the chicken into the pot. Cook until the color turns light brown.
- Combine ginataang gulay mix with 1 cup water. Stir and then pour the mixture into the cooking pot.
- Pour the remaining 1 cup water. Let boil.
- Add the ground turmeric. Cover and reduce the heat between low to medium. Cook until the chicken gets tender.
- Add potato and green peas. Cook for 12 minutes.
- Season with salt and ground black pepper.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Serve!
- Share and enjoy!