This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Easy Chicken Curry is a very tasty and delicious dish that you can quickly prepare any time of the day. The use of curry powder makes this dish easier to make — compared to assembling your own curry from scratch (although nothing beats making your own curry from scratch by grinding and combining spices).
As we all know, there are hundreds of ways to prepare a chicken curry dish. This recipe that we have here is just another variation — it only happens that it is a good version that I highly recommend. I used bone-in chicken because it has more flavor, but feel free to use boneless chicken breast if you like. As for the coconut milk, canned coco milk or coconut cream is the easiest way to go, unless you have access to fresh coconut milk or cream (kakang gata).
I am used to have potatoes in my chicken curry. This is the reason why I always include it in every recipe. The difference of this chicken curry with the Pinoy Chicken Curry that I previously published is probably the green peas. I think that the peas compliments the dish well.
Try this Easy Chicken Curry Recipe. Let me know what you think.
- 1 1/2 lbs. chicken chopped into serving pieces
- 1 medium potato peeled and diced
- 3/4 cups frozen green peas
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1 1/4 tablespoons curry powder
- 2 teaspoons turmeric powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ginger powder
- 1 medium tomato chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- a dash of cayenne pepper powder
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- Salt to taste
- Combine ginger powder, turmeric powder, and 1 1/2 teaspoons salt in a bowl. Mix well.
- Rub the mixture all over the chopped chicken pieces. Let it stay for 15 minutes.
- Heat the cooking oil in a cooking pot.
- Once the oil is hot, pan fry the chicken for about 2 minutes per side.
- Remove the chicken and temporarily place in a plate.
- Meanwhile, saute the onion, tomato, and garlic in the remaining cooking oil.
- Put the chicken back in the cooking pot when the onion becomes soft. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Pour-in the coconut milk. Bring to a boil. Add the curry powder. Cover and simmer for 25 minutes (add a little water if needed).
- Add a dash of cayenne pepper. Put-in the diced potato, cook for 10 minutes. Make sure to stir once in a while.
- Add the green peas. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add salt to taste. Stir.
- Transfer to a serving plate. Serve over white rice.
- Share and enjoy!