Creamy baked spaghetti is one of the comfort foods that I regularly prepare to pamper myself. I indulge in its rich creamy sauce and excellent taste. If I do not have this dish in the table when I crave for pasta on my comfort food day, guess what am I having — baked macaroni, of course.
This baked spaghetti recipe might take a while to complete, but the result is worth the time and effort. Always keep your eyes on the price.
I prepared this creamy baked spaghetti by first cooking the spaghetti. Simply follow the package instructions, drain, and then set aside. It will be nice if you cover the container so that the spaghetti won’t dry out quickly.
The meat sauce that I had was from another spaghetti meat sauce recipe that I published a few years ago. It is really good. The link is provided in the recipe below. You will need the exact amount of ingredients listed in the meat sauce recipe. For this creamy spaghetti, adding a quarter cup of cream cheese to the meat sauce makes a huge difference.
What makes this really creamy and delightful is the mornay sauce. This is composed of milk, butter, flour and Parmesan cheese. This is spread over the spaghetti with meat sauce after arranging it in a baking pan. Sharp cheddar or quickmelt cheese is sprinkled on top of the mornay sauce before baking it.
Try this creamy baked spaghetti recipe. Let me know what you think..
Creamy Baked Spaghetti
- 1 lb spaghetti
- Spaghetti meat sauce use this recipe
- 1/4 cup cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups fresh milk
- 3 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook the spaghetti according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Make the meat sauce by following the link to the recipe above. Use the exact amount of ingredients indicated in the recipe.
- Add the cream cheese to the meat sauce and stir until well blended. Turn the heat to off.
- Make the mornay sauce by melting butter in a saucepan. Once the butter melts, add the flour. Quickly stir until the flour absorbs the butter (it will look like a big lump, that is fine though). Pour-in the milk and then stir until all the ingredients are well blended. Continue to stir until the milk starts to get thicker. Add Parmesan cheese and stir until the texture gets thick enough (like soft pudding). turn the heat off and set aside.
- Pre-heat the oven to 350F.
- Meanwhile, combine the cooked spaghetti with the meat sauce in a large mixing bowl. Toss to blend the ingredients. Arrange the mixture in a baking pan. Pour the mornay sauce on top and then spread all over. Sprinkle cheddar cheese on top.
- Bake the spaghetti for 18 to 20 minutes.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!