This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
I will describe Baked Spaghetti as a simple Spaghetti dish topped with a rich béchamel sauce and baked to perfection. This recipe will give life to a simple spaghetti dish.
Preparing baked spaghetti might sound complicated, but it is not. It is like preparing regular spaghetti plus the white sauce and baking them all together. The white sauce or béchamel sauce helps makes the dish richer and thicker. It also provides a wonderful taste that pampers the taste buds.
I love having baked spaghetti especially if there is a slice of buttery toast bread in my plate. This can be added as a comfort food in my list. Of course, pinoy spaghetti is always a tradition that will always be part of who I am.
In terms of storing leftovers, you can freeze any left over for about a week. Make sure that you thaw it first before heating in a microwave oven.
Try this Baked Spaghetti Recipe. Enjoy the comforts of life!
- 1 lb. spaghetti noodles cooked according to package instructions
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 4 cups marinara sauce
- 1 medium yellow onion minced
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons AP flour
- 1 1/4 cup fresh milk
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese.
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the spaghetti noodles according to package instructions. Set aside.
- Heat the cooking oil in a saucepan. Sauté onion and garlic
- Add the ground meat and then cook for 5 minutes or until the color turns light brown.
- Pour-in the marinara sauce. Let boil and then simmer for 30 minutes while stirring every 10 minutes. Add salt and pepper.
- Combine the cooked spaghetti noodles and meat sauce. Mix well and then arrange in a baking pan.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Quickly prepare the white sauce by melting the butter in a small pan.
- Add the flour and stir. Pour-in the milk and then stir continuously until a thick sauce is formed.
- Put-in the Parmesan cheese. Stir and then turn the heat off.
- Pour the white sauce over the spaghetti. Arrange the shredded cheese on top of the sauce.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Set the oven to broil and then broil for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven. Serve with garlic bread.
- Share and enjoy!