This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Still thinking on what to cook for lunch or dinner? We suggest this Delicious Creamy Chicken Breast. This dish has an awesome taste and it can be eaten with bread or rice, depending on your preference.
If you liked Chicken ala King, you will love this Creamy Chicken Breast, without a doubt. Although there are some differences in terms of the ingredients and manner of cooking, they both share this rich, creamy, and delicious flavor.
In order to maintain the richness of this dish, it is advised to use heavy whipping cream or all-purpose cream. If in case these ingredients are not available, try diluting some flour in fresh milk. The mushrooms and scallions play a great role in providing additional flavor. This dish will not be the same without them.
For the best possible results, we suggest that you simmer it until the sauce reduces and becomes thicker.
Try this Creamy Chicken Breast Recipe and let me know your thoughts.
Creamy Chicken Breast Recipe
- 1 lb chicken breasts, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups white or crimini mushrooms
- 1 small yellow onion, minced
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1/2 cup chicken stock or broth
- 1/8 cup scallions, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Season chicken with salt and ground blackpepper. Let is stay for 10 minutes.
- Heat a pan, and then pour-in olive oil.
- Put-in the chicken and cook in medium heat for 8 minutes per side.
- Remove the chicken and place in a clean plate. Meanwhile, saute onions for 2 minutes on the same pan.
- Add the mushrooms and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Pour-in white wine. Let the liquid reduce, and then pour-in chicken broth or stock.
- Let boil. Put the chicken back in.
- Add heavy cream. Stir.
- Add chopped scallions. Cook for a minute more.
- Transfer to a serving plate.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!
Number of servings (yield): 4