Have you tried cooking lengua yet? This Creamy Lengua in White Sauce is a good recipe to begin with. It is easy to prepare and the result is magnificent. It is usually prepared during special occasions, but I say make one as you please. You don’t need to wait to enjoy delicious food.
I usually cook this on a weekend for my family. I found it best to start the interaction in the dining table by serving good food that everyone enjoys. Everything else will follow. It creates a perfect boding experience with all the members of the family.
How to Cook Creamy Lengua in White Sauce
Start by preparing the ox tongue by tenderizing it. Wash it thoroughly with running water. Boil around 6 to 8 cups of water in a cooking pot. Add the tongue and cover the pot. Cook between low to medium heat for 1 to 1 ½ hours or until tender. The boiling time will depend on the size of the lengua. The thicker and large, the longer time needed to tenderize.
Once the lengua tenderizes, remove it from the pot and let it cool down. The outer layer of the tongue should be easier to peel at this point. Peel-off the outer layer completely and then slice the ox tongue into thin serving pieces.
Now that the main ingredient is ready, we can start cooking. Melt butter and saute onions until it softens. Put the sliced lengua into the pot and then saute for 2 to 3 minutes. It is ideal that the lengua gets very tender. Do this by pouring around 2 cups of water into the pan and boil until the liquid reduces to half. I also add a piece of Knorr beef cube to bring-in that nice beefy flavor into the dish.
This dish is better with mushrooms. I use sliced button mushrooms in this recipe. Add the mushroom and cook for 5 minutes.
Let’s prepare the white sauce. Do this by pouring heavy whipping cream into the same cooking pot where the ox tongue is cooking. You can also use all-purpose cream as an alternative ingredient. Add garlic powder, and Lady’s Choice Mayonnaise. to make the sauce richer and creamier.
Season with ground black pepper and salt. If you like a thicker sauce, cook it longer until it reduces to your desired consistency. Lengua can be enjoyed with almost any side dishes. I like it best with Paella.
Try this Creamy Lengua in White Sauce Recipe. Let me know what you think.
Creamy Lengua in White Sauce
- 2 1/2 lbs. ox tongue boiled and sliced
- 1 cup button mushroom sliced
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 piece Knorr Beef Cube
- 1 piece onion minced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup Lady’s Choice Mayonnaise
- 2 cups water
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Tenderize the lengua by boiling water in a pot. Add ox tongue and boil for 1 to 1 ½ hours. Remove tongue from the pot. Let it cook down. Peel the skin off and then slice the ox tongue into thin pieces. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a pan. Sauté onion.
- Add sliced lengua. Sauté for 3 minutes.
- Pour water. Let boil.
- Add Knorr Beef Cube. Stir. Boil until liquid reduces in half.
- Add button mushroom. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Pour heavy whipping cream. Add garlic powder. Stir and cook in low to medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add Lady’s Choice Mayonnaise. Stir until sauce is smooth.
- Season with ground black pepper and salt. Cook until sauce thickens.
- Transfer to a serving plate. Serve. Share and enjoy!