My second favorite ox tongue dish is Lengua in white mushroom sauce. This is a rich and creamy way to cook lengua. It is also known as lengua in white sauce. The color pertains to the sauce, not the type of mushroom used. This is best eaten with garlic bread and even with rice.
I like how this dish taste; the flavors from the butter, whipping cream, and mushrooms went well together. I also loved how tender the lengua was. To me, this is the most important factor that can determine the success of any lengua dish.
If you have not seen my post regarding New Year of 2017, we had Lengua in White Mushroom Sauce along with other yummy dishes for New Year’s Eve dinner. It was partaken by everyone in the family. As I mentioned in the post, the meal was superb, and it even got better when all the members of the family are around to share it with.
You might still be wondering what my favorite ox tongue dish is; it is lengua estofado.
Try this rich and creamy Lengua in White Mushroom Sauce Recipe. Let me know what you think.
Lengua in White Mushroom Sauce
- 2 lbs. lengua ox tongue
- 3 cups beef broth or sock
- ¾ cups whipping cream
- 1 10.5 oz. can condensed cream of mushroom
- 1 cup sliced button mushrooms
- 1 large yellow onion chopped
- 5 cloves garlic crushed
- 6 cups water for boiling the ox tongue
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- Boil 6 cups of water in a pressure cooker. Add the ox tongue. Cover the cooker and pressure cook for 35 to 40 minutes or until tender.
- Remove from the pressure cooker. Let it cool down. Peel the outer layer off the tongue. Slice the ox tongue into thin pieces.
- Heat oil in a cooking pot.
- Saute onion and garlic.
- Add the sliced ox tongue. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Pour the condensed cream of mushroom and beef broth in the pot. Stir. Let boil. Cover and simmer for 35 minutes.
- Add the sliced mushrooms and whipping cream. Continue to cook for 40 minutes in low heat or until the liquid reduces to half and the sauce starts to thicken.
- Add salt and ground black pepper to taste.
- Transfer to a serving plate. Serve.
- Share and enjoy!