This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
I get hungry right away when I think of lasagna. Imagine the rich creamy white sauce topped with the different kinds of cheeses — not to mention the flavorful ground beef. Without any doubt, this dish is really awesome. However, there are times when we do not want to eat meat, but still want to have lasagna. It maybe because we are tired of eating meat, or it might be for religious, or health reasons. This Veggie Lasagna is the answer that we are looking for.
Broccoli, carrots, and mushrooms are three of the vegetables that I like (I consider mushroom as a vegetable even though it is categorized as a fungus). They all taste nice and contain a high amount of vitamins that our body needs. In short, they are delicious and healthy. I also like eating vegetables because they are light; I do not feel bloated after consuming the meal. This Veggie Lasagna recipe marries the delicious taste of lasagna and the positive health effects of the vegetables in one plate. We are able to enjoy a delicious meal without the guilt. The good thing about it is we still have a little room for dessert. Isn’t it wonderful?
I also made no-bake lasagna recently. You might want to check it out too.
Try this Creamy Veggie Lasagna Recipe and let me know what you think.
- 1 pack lasagna 9 ounce, cooked according to package instructions
- 3 cups broccoli chopped
- 3 cups white mushrooms sliced
- 1 cup carrots thinly sliced
- 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 1/4 cups milk
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Combine broccoli, mushrooms, and carrots in a large glass bowl. Microwave for 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan. Gradually add-in flour and cook until light brown..
- Gently stir-in the milk. Cook while stirring until the texture thickens. Add-in nutmeg and salt. Stir and turn off heat. This is now your bechamel sauce.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Prepare a wide rectangular baking pan. Start setting-up your masterpiece by spreading the bechamel sauce on the pan. Arrange a layer of lasagna noodles, followed by another layer of vegetables. Sprinkle some mozzarella, Parmesan, and ricotta cheese on top, and then pour-in some bechamel sauce. Create another layer of lasagna noodles. Continue doing the process until you are able to fill your pan. Make sure that the last layer is made-up of lasagna noodles topped with parmesan cheese.
- Cover the rectangular pan with aluminum foil. Bake for 25 to 35 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!