This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
I enjoy eating banana bread. I like it moist and chilled. If you are into it too, then you might be interested to know what happens when our good old banana bread recipe gets married to dark chocolate. The answer is simply Dark Chocolate Banana Bread. It has a moist texture with the sweet and delicious taste of banana bread and the nice bitter flavor of dark chocolate. It is one perfect bitter sweet combination, as far as I am concerned.
The process in making Dark Chocolate Banana Bread is easy. All you need to do is mash a couple or more of large ripe bananas, combine it with the rest of the ingredients provided in the recipe below, and then bake it until completely done. You can enjoy this while it is still hot from the oven, but I personally prefer it chilled. I find cold and moist chocolate banana bread perfect with a cup of coffee. I can have it for breakfast or as an afternoon snack.
Banana breads can be stored for a week as long as it is properly handled. Make sure to cover it completely and place it inside a refrigerator. You can eat it anytime you like. I usually bring a couple of slices with me to my workplace. Each piece is securely sealed in individual resealable bags.
This idea just struck me while typing – won’t it be a good idea to add some strawberries to this Dark Chocolate Banana Bread? Well, since banana and strawberries make a good combination and dark chocolate with strawberries go in perfect harmony, then chances are that having a few pieces of mashed strawberries might work. This is an exciting experiment that I cannot wait to try. I will update you soon.
Try this Dark Chocolate Banana Bread Recipe. Enjoy!
Watch the Video on How to Make Dark Chocolate Banana Bread
- 2 to 3 pieces large ripe banana
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 tablespoons dark chocolate powder
- 2 eggs
- 8 tablespoons cooking oil
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Mash the bananas using a fork. Set aside.
- Combine flour, sugar, salt, baking soda, and dark chocolate powder in a bowl. Mix well using a wire whisk.
- Crack the eggs in and then pour the cooking oil. Also add the mashed banana. Fold the mixture until well blended.
- Grease a loaf pan and pour the banana bread mixture into it.
- Bake for 50 to 55 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let the dark chocolate banana bread cool down. Slice and serve.
- Share and enjoy!