This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This Easy Pork Afritada Recipe is another version of pork afritada. This recipe will guide you on how to prepare your favorite pork afritada with ease and confidence.
My secret for a good pork afritada recipe, and for any other meat recipes, is the quality of the meat. I see to it that I use the freshest possible meat available. I do this by going directly to the butcher station and request for newly cut or sliced meat, instead of getting pre-packaged meat from the meat section of the supermarket. Another factor that is also related to quality is the texture of the meat. I make sure that the meat is tender and easy to chew. This will make the dish more pleasurable and enjoyable to eat. This can be done by simmering the meat for several minutes until the desired texture is achieved.
The sauces and seasonings are next on my list. While the meat can be our main source of flavor, sauces and seasonings plays a big role in enhancing the flavor of a dish. I see to it that I only use appropriate sauces and seasonings for the dish. Adding unnecessary ingredients can have a bad effect on any dish – simplicity is the key.
Try this Easy Pork Afritada Recipe. Let me know what you think.
- 1 1/2 lb. pork shoulders cubed
- 2 medium potatoes peeled and cubed
- 1/2 small red bell pepper chopped
- 1/2 small green bell pepper chopped
- 1/2 cup frozen green peas
- 4 cups pork or beef broth
- 1 8 oz. can tomato sauce
- 1 small tomato cubed
- 1 small onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic crushed
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a casserole or deep cooking pot.
- Saute garlic,onion, and tomato until soft.
- Add-in the pork. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until light brown.
- Pour-in broth and tomato sauce. Bring to a boil. Simmer for 40 to 60 minutes.
- Stir-in the potatoes. Cook for 8 minutes.
- Add the bell peppers and green peas. Stir and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer to a serving plate. Serve with warm rice.
- Share and enjoy!