Easy Callos Recipe
Beef Tripe tastes great when cooked properly and mixed with the right ingredients. This Easy Callos Recipe is a good example, aside from Kare-kare. I like this recipe because it is straightforward and makes use of ingredients that we can easily find in the supermarket. I started out by cleaning the beef tripe. I did…
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Beef Tripe tastes great when cooked properly and mixed with the right ingredients. This Easy Callos Recipe is a good example, aside from Kare-kare. I like this recipe because it is straightforward and makes use of ingredients that we can easily find in the supermarket.
I started out by cleaning the beef tripe. I did this by washing it in running water. I also and made sure that the walls of the tripe are clear, so I used a brush to clean it up. Once the tripe is clean, it is time to make the tripe tender. My shortcut is to use a pressure cooker. I do this by first slicing then placing it in a pressure cooker with a couple cups of water and some salt. A good 40 to 50 minutes will do to ensure that the tripe is tender — then we are ready to cook it with the rest of the ingredients.
Making Easy Callos Recipe is so much easier than you think. We had a hint on the recipe name itself. Simply heat-up the oil then saute the onion, peppercorns, tripe, and Chinese sausage. Next is to add the sauces and pork and beans. I used canned pork and beans as an alternative to garbanzos or chickpeas. Both ingredients work well, the choice is yours.
The rest is simply adding the remaining ingredients making sure that the dish taste great. Enjoy it with rice,Pita, or just by itself. I think that it taste better if you add a tablespoon of hot sauce.
Try this Easy Callos Recipe. Let me know what you think.
Did you make this? If you snap a photo, please be sure tag us on Instagram at @panlasangpinoy or hashtag #panlasangpinoy so we can see your creations!
Easy Callos Recipe
- 2 lbs beef tripe cooked in a pressure cooker for 50 minutes or until tender
- 4 pieces Chinese sausage sliced diagonally
- 1 8 oz. can tomato sauce
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 16 oz. can pork and beans
- 6 to 8 pieces small sweet peppers red and yellow, sliced
- 1 medium yellow onion diced
- 1 teaspoon whole peppercorn
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onions
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- Heat the oil in a cooking pot.
- Once the oil gets hot, saute the onion. Add the whole peppercorn and continue to cook until the onions get soft.
- Add the cooked tripe. Saute for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Put-in the chinese sausage. Stir and cook for 2 minute.
- Pour-in the tomato sauce. Add the beef broth. Stir. Let boil. cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add the pork and beans. Stir. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Put-in the sweet peppers. Cook for 4 to 6 minutes.
- Add the garlic powder and salt to taste. Stir.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Top with chopped green onions.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!
Leave a Comment