This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
It is the time of the year when hot soups goes in high demand. It is fall this time of the year here in Chicago, and the weather is getting colder as time passes by. Having warm or hot soup can make you feel warm and comfy – this is where this egg drop soup comes into the picture. I also created this blog post as a reply to a request that I got from Alex regarding an easy to make soup dish that can be made within 20 minutes.
This Egg Drop Soup Recipe can be made within 18 minutes (10 to 12 minutes if you really are in a hurry). I think that this is one of the best soups to prepare if you are busy and don’t have enough time to prepare your meal. Another good thing about egg drop soup is the fact that it does not cost much – yes, it is cheap – but delicious.
Try this Egg Drop Soup Recipe. Enjoy!
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion optional
- Salt to taste
- Dilute the cornstarch in 1/4 cup water. Stir and mix well. Set aside.
- Combine chicken broth and water in a cooking pot, Bring to a boil.
- Add the grated ginger. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Pour-in the beaten egg. Stir.
- Add-in the cornstarch diluted in water. Continue to stir until the texture of the soup reaches your desired texture.
- Add salt to taste.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Sprinkle green onions on top.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!