This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Asian Chicken Soup is similar to chicken sotanghon soup, but this recipe has some features that makes it unique. This can be served as a soup appetizer, a main dish (there are times when I eat noodle soup with rice), and meryenda (snack).
Soups, rice porridge, and rice cakes (kakanin) are common Filipino meryenda food. You will like this chicken vermicelli soup better if you add more toasted garlic in it. There is something with toasted garlic that enhances the flavor of every dish. I also try to eat this with a dip of fish sauce and crushed extra hot chili. This soup will make you feel warm during the cold days of fall and winter. I sometimes add a tablespoon of Sriracha sauce to my bowl to give it that extra kick.
Try this delectable Asian Chicken Soup recipe. Let me know what you think.
- 3 oz. thin rice noodles
- 1 lb. Ground chicken
- 1 small yellow onion minced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 3/4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons toasted garlic
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the cooking oil in a casserole or soup pot.
- Once the oil is hot, saute the garlic and onion until the onion is soft.
- Add the ground chicken. Cook for 5 minutes while stirring once in awhile.
- Pour-in the chicken broth and water. Let boil and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Add the rice noodles. Stir and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper. Stir.
- Pit-in the chopped scallions. Turn the heat off and then cover the pot for 3 minutes.
- Transfer the soup to a serving bowl. Top with toasted garlic.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!