Are you looking for recipes that make use of left over fried chicken breasts? I think that you will find this Fried Chicken Potato Salad recipe interesting.
I developed this recipe because there were some left over fried chicken in my fridge and I don’t want them to go to waste. The recipe tells you how to make simple fried chicken breasts from scratch. You can follow everything if you have no leftover fried chicken to save. Otherwise, use your fried chicken but make sure to broil it so that it and remove the bones afterwards, and cut into small pieces. You can also make a good tasting potato salad without the chicken. This potato salad with pineapple recipe is a good option.
Broiling the chicken will get its crisp texture back. This is a perfect dish for lunch or dinner. It has carbs and protein that will give you energy throughout the day.
Try this Fried Chicken Potato Salad recipe. Let me know what you think.
Fried Chicken Potato Salad
- 2 medium baking potatoes; boiled peeled, and sliced into cubes
- 2 4 ounces chicken breasts
- 3/4 cups frozen green peas thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 5 to 6 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cooking oil
- Flatten the chicken breasts using a meat tenderizer tool by gently pounding on the meat until it is about 1/4 inch thick. Season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Heat a frying pan and pour-in the cooking oil.
- Meanwhile, dip the chicken in beaten egg and dredge in flour.
- Once the oil is becomes hot, pan fry each side of the chicken in medium heat for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove the chicken in the pan. Place in a plate to cool down. Chop into bite size pieces. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine mayonnaise, sweet pickle relish, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Mix well.
- Add-in the potatoes and green peas. Toss.
- Add the chicken and scallions. Toss once again.
- Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!