Fried Noodles with Chicken and Shrimp
Fried Noodles with Chicken and Shrimp is a good dish to try when you got all the necessary ingrdients available. This dish is tasty and easy to prepare. The entire process will take around 30 minutes to complete. I think that this is something that I should do often. I am using a type of noodle…
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Fried Noodles with Chicken and Shrimp is a good dish to try when you got all the necessary ingrdients available. This dish is tasty and easy to prepare. The entire process will take around 30 minutes to complete. I think that this is something that I should do often.
I am using a type of noodle that is known as Hong Kong Style Pan Fried Noodles.The name might suggest that the noodles were already pan-fried. However, it came fresh in a sealed package. This simply means that the noodles still needs to be fried.
Once fried, the sauce along with all the toppings are poured over the noodles. This is the point wherein the noodles becomes softer and ready to eat. It will even be better if the noodles are tossed so that all the ingredients will be evenly distributed. This reminds me of a dish that I made 6 years ago. I called it crispy noodles.
How to Make Fried Noodles with Chicken and Shrimp
Here is how I did it. I started to prepare the noodles. You will need around 4 tablespoons of cooking oil to fry all the noodles. This sounds less because we only need to pan-fry. It took me 10 to 12 minutes to cook all the noodles. I had it sit for a few seconds to fry one part. I toss it afterwards to let the other noodles fry. Repeat the steps until all the noodles turn light brown. Transfer your fried noodles to a large plate and then start to make the sauce.
The sauce is prepared by stir-frying the chicken, garlic, shrimp, and ginger using the remaining oil. I added some oyster sauce, sesame oil, soy sauce, red pepper flakes, and shaoxing wine to it, along with the bok choy and straw mushrooms. This step creates a very appetizing aroma.
Chicken broth is added to the rest of the sauce ingredients. Once the liquid boils, I added a mixture of water and cornstarch to thicken the sauce. The sauce was poured over the fried noodles while it was still piping hot.
Try this quick and easy Fried Noodles with Chicken and Shrimp recipe. Let me know what you think.
Did you make this? If you snap a photo, please be sure tag us on Instagram at @panlasangpinoy or hashtag #panlasangpinoy so we can see your creations!
Fried Noodles with Chicken and Shrimp
- 1 lb. 16 oz. Hong Kong Style Pan Fried Noodles
- 6 ounces boneless chicken breast thinly sliced
- 18 pieces shrimp shelled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 bunches baby bok choy end tip sliced
- 1 can 15 oz. straw mushroom
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon Shaoxing cooking wine
- 1½ cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch diluted in 3 tablespoons water
- Salt to taste optional
- 6 tablespoons cooking oil
- Heat 4 tablespoons of oil in a wide pan or wok. Once the oil gets hot, add the noodles. Pan fry for 12 to 18 seconds. Stir and continue to pan-fry until the noodles browns a bit (it took me around 10 to 12 minutes to fry all the noodles). Arrange in a clean plate. Set aside.
- Prepare the sauce by heating the remaining oil in a pan.
- Add the chicken and then stir-fry for 3 minutes.
- Add the garlic and ginger. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Put the shrimp in the pan along with the mushroom, bok choy, red pepper flakes, sesame oil, and shaoxing wine. Continue to stir-fry for 3 minutes.
- Add the oyster sauce, soy sauce, and chicken broth. Let boil.
- Pour the mixture of cornstarch and water. Stir and continue to cook until the liquid thickens to your desired consistency.
- Pour the sauce immediately over the fried noodles.
- Serve hot. Share and enjoy!
Leave a Comment