Ginisang Pechay with Ground Pork and Shrimp is a simple dish that I made using chopped bok choy leaves. I added ground pork and tiny pieces of frozen shrimp to complete the dish. These ingredients has what it takes for a successful ginisang pechay; it has the texture from the crisp white stalks of the bok choy and flavors from the ground pork and shrimp.
Ginisang pechay has many health benefits. Bok choy is a super vegetable known to be rich in vitamins K, C, and A. It also has iron, potassium and many other nutrients. Pork is rich in protein, while shrimp is high in selenium and other nutrients.
I like this dish not only for its good taste and health benefits, but also for its ease in preparation. I consider this as one of the quickest dishes to cook because it can be completed in less than 25 minutes. I find it convenient to prepare because the ingredients are easy to find and I can assemble it without time constraints.
Ginisang pechay makes a good meal for lunch or dinner. I also like the idea of serving this along with fried fish such as tilapia or fried grouper to complete the combo.
Try this Ginisang Pechay with Ground Pork and Shrimp (Sauteed Bok Choy) recipe. Let me know what you think.
Ginisang Pechay with Ground Pork and Shrimp (Sauteed Bok Choy)
- 1 lb. bok choy cleaned and chopped
- 6 ounces ground pork
- 4 ounces small shrimp head and shell removed
- 1 medium tomato cubed
- 1 medium yellow onion cubed
- 3 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 cup chicken broth or water
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 to 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a pan.
- When the oil is hot, saute garlic, onion, and tomato.
- Add ground pork. Cook until brown
- Add shrimp and bok choy. Stir-fry for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Pour-in chicken broth (or water). Let boil. Cover and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add fish sauce and ground black pepper.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Serve.
- Share and enjoy!