Sauteed Bok Choy with Shrimp is a simple recipe that involves baby bok choy. This vegetable is somewhat similar to a vegetable known as pechay in the Philippines – thus this dish can be considered as a variation of ginisang pechay.
Sauteed Bok Choy with Shrimp is quick to make. This is one of the reasons why I always make it when the ingredients are available in my fridge. I think that the sherry or cooking wine helps the dis taste better.
A few notes before you start cooking Sauteed Bok Choy with Shrimp; make sure that the bok choy leaves are separated from each other. Do this by slicing the lower end of the bok choy crosswise. This will set the leaves apart. Also, use medium shrimp for this recipe. It might be more convenient if you buy frozen packaged shrimp from the grocery. It will save you time cleaning and removing the shell from the shrimp.
Try this Sauteed Bok Choy with Shrimp recipe. Enjoy!
Sauteed Bok Choy with Shrimp
- Heat the oil in a pan.
- Saute the garlic, onions, and tomato. Continue cooking until the onions soften.
- Put-in the shrimp. Stir. Cook for 1 minute.
- Pour-in chicken broth. Let boil.
- Add the bok choy. Stir. Cover and cook for 2 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper. Continue cooking for 1 minute.
- Transfer to a serving bowl.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!