This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Ginisang Upo with Ground Pork and Shrimp is a dish that cab be cooked on regular days. It is delicious, nutritious, and easy to make. It only takes less than 20 to complete the entire dish. This is best served with with rice.
This recipe is different from our previous upo guisado recipe in terms of the ingredients used. While both dishes are yummy, this particular dish has shrimp and parsley in it. These additional ingredients adds a variety of flavor into the dish.
I had this for lunch. Everyone enjoyed the meal. This dish is perfect to make when you need to prepare something for lunch or dinner with limited time.
Enjoy your meal and send me a comment if you have questions or clarifications.
Try this Ginisang Upo with Ground Pork and Shrimp Recipe. Let me know what you think.
- 1 small opo squash upo, sliced into thin pieces
- 4 ounces ground pork
- 6 pieces medium shrimp chopped
- 1 medium ripe tomato cubed
- 1 medium yellow onion sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley optional
- 4 cloves garlic crushed and pounded
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce patis
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ cup water
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- Heat oil in cooking pot
- Saute garlic until light brown
- Add onion and tomato. Continue to cook until soft
- Put the ground pork into the pot. Cook until light brown
- Add shrimp. Cook for 2 minutes
- Add the opo squash (upo) into the pot. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add water. Cover the pot and continue to cook between low to medium heat for 7 minutes.
- Add patis, ground black pepper, and parsley. Stir.
- Transfer to serving plate. Serve.
- Share and enjoy!
Watch the Video on How to Cook Ginisang Upo with Ground Pork and Shrimp