This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Ginisang Sitaw Kalabasa at Malunggay with Shrimp is a simple yet healthy dish that you can make for lunch or even dinner. The following are the ingredients that I used for this dish: squash (I used butternut squash for this recipe), snake beans (also known as sitaw), malunggay leaves (see the health benefits of malunggay here), and shrimp.
There is nothing fancy about this dish, only pure goodness brought about by the fresh ingredients. You can clearly sample the fresh taste of each vegetable.The shrimp and chicken broth provides a nice balanced flavor that makes the dish taste just right.
Since I started by saying that this is a healthy recipe, I won’t suggest to indulge in rice. We all know that rice is the best side for this dish, but try to limit your consumption to a cup or so. Again, that is only a suggestion. I know how hard it is to resist this dish.
Try this Ginisang Sitaw Kalabasa at Malunggay with Shrimp Recipe. Enjoy!
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Once the oil gets hot, pan-fry the shrimp in medium heat for 1 minute per side. Remove from the pan. Set aside.
- Using the remaining oil (add more if needed), sauté garlic and onion.
- Add the squash. Stir-fry for 3 minutes.
- Add the snake beans. Continue to cook for 1 minute.
- Put the malunggay leave into the pot and then pour the chicken broth. Let boil. Stir. Cover and cook for 5 to 8 minutes.
- Sprinkle salt and ground black pepper to taste.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!